Allerton Old Schoolroom is the Village Hall for the villages of Chapel Allerton and Stone Allerton. It is run as a charity, registered with the Charity Commission (Number 900228). It is available for public hire – Email: email@example.com.
The main hall of the Old Schoolroom measures 30 ft x 15 ft, which can accommodate a maximum of 40 people standing, or 30 seated. It has the following facilities:
- Sprung wooden floor suitable for dancing (max 30 people)
- Separate kitchen with hot water.
- Toilet with wash-basin
- Wall-mounted infra-red space heaters
- 10 trestle tables, 15 square tables, 60 assorted chairs (mostly folding)
- Tableware (crockery, cutlery and glass) for about 30 people
- Free wifi (password on the router beside the fire exit door)
- Portable projector screen
- Table Games – Air Hockey, Ping Pong, Table Football.
The Old Schoolroom is located on Allerton Lane, at the eastern end of Stone Allerton village, postcode BS26 2NL.
The front door is unlocked and leads into a small hall. The interior door of the hall is locked – the key is in a small combination safe behind the front door. The Booking Secretary has the combination. Disabled access is limited. There is wheelchair access to the OSR, using portable ramps in the hall. There is no wheelchair access to the toilets and no disabled toilet
For hiring, the day is divided into 3 sessions – Morning (09.00-13.00), Afternoon (13.00- 17.00) and Evening 17.00-23.00. In consideration of local residents, events are expected to finish by 11 pm. Charges are as follows:
|ADDRESS OF HIRER||PER SESSION||ALL DAY|
|Inside Allerton Parish||£10||£20|
|Outside Allerton parish||£15||£30|
|Hire of crockery, cutlery, glass (offsite)||£5|
|Hire of Table Games|